Certificate III in Individual Support – CHC33015
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
You could get a job as:
- Community Support Worker
- Home Care Assistant
- Disability Support Worker
- School Support Officer (working with children with disabilities)
- Nursing Assistant
- Accommodation Support Worker
Units of Competency Offered
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 – Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Electives – (additional to these available)
- CHCHCS001 – Provide home and community support services
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
- CHCDIS007 – Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCDIS003 – Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS001 – Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 – Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
Interested in enrolling?
Fill in our online form and we’ll get in touch with you.