Certificate III in Hospitality – SIT30616
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage & gaming.
You could get a job as:
- espresso coffee machine operator
- food and beverage attendant
- front desk receptionist
- front office assistant
- function attendant
- function host
- gaming attendant
- guest service agent
- restaurant host
- senior bar attendant
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Units of Competency Offered
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 – Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXHRM001 – Coach others in job skill
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural diversity
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCCS006 – Provide service to customers
Electives – (additional to these available)
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHACS001 – Clean premises and equipment
- SITHFAB003 – Operate a bar
- SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB004 – Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- BSBSUS201 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITXFIN001 – Process financial transactions
Interested in enrolling?
Fill in our online form and we’ll get in touch with you.